|wholesale nfl jerseys|
and Sports for Columbus
Friday, January 3, 2014 10:08 AM ESTMartina Ellerbe drilled four straight free throws to start the saecond half to give Ohio State the lead for good and sparked an cheap nfl jerseys 89 78 win over No. 17 Purdue Thursday night in a Big 10 Conference opener. cheap nfl jerseys More>>Bengals Have Turned Into Model Of NFL StabilityFriday, January 3, 2014 10:06 AM ESTLosing season after losing season, they were the same old Bungles. More>>Varejao Leads Cavaliers Past Magic wholesale nfl jerseys 87 81 In OTFriday, January 3, 2014 10:03 AM ESTAnderson Varejao can explain how the Cleveland Cavaliers broke their season high six game losing streak. More>>Horton Scores In Debut, Jackets Blank Coyotes 2 0Friday, January 3, 2014 9:55 AM ESTNathan Horton just kept on smiling. More>>Cavaliers' Irving Misses Game With Knee InjuryFriday, January 3, 2014 9:53 AM ESTKyrie Irving wanted to play in all 82 games this season. Now the Cleveland Cavaliers hope he will only miss one. cheap jerseys More>>Report: Browns To Interview Arizona's Todd BowlesFriday, January 3, 2014 9:51 AM ESTTodd Bowles was on the last coaching staff to get the Browns to the playoffs. He might get a chance to take them back. More>>Meyer, Swinney Guide Teams Back To BCS StageMeyer, Swinney Guide Teams Back To BCS StageUpdated: Friday, January 3 2014 10:10 AM EST2014 01 03 15:10:43 GMTOhio State Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football.Ohio State Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football.Ohio State Knocks Off No. 17 Purdue, 89 78Ohio State Knocks Off No. 17 Purdue, 89 78Updated: cheap jerseys Friday, January 3 2014 10:08 AM EST2014 01 03 15:08:05 GMTMartina Ellerbe drilled four straight free throws to start the second half to give Ohio State the lead for good and sparked an 89 78 wholesale nfl jerseys win over No. 17 Purdue Thursday night in a Big 10 Conference opener.Martina Ellerbe drilled four straight free throws to start the second half to give Ohio State the lead for good and sparked an 89 78 win over No. 17 Purdue Thursday night in a Big 10 wholesale jerseys Conference opener.Ohio State DE Noah Spence Suspended 3 GamesOhio State DE Noah Spence Suspended 3 GamesUpdated: Thursday, January 2 2014 8:21 AM EST2014 01 02 13:21:53 GMTOhio State sophomore cheap nfl jerseys defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, the Buckeyes announced Wednesday.Ohio State sophomore defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, the Buckeyes announced Wednesday.Woody Hayes' Punch Still wholesale jerseys Resounds 35 Years LaterWoody Hayes' Punch Still Resounds 35 Years LaterUpdated: Wednesday, January 1 2014 10:47 AM EST2014 01 01 15:47:58 GMT
|0 Comments | Post Comment | Permanent Link|
5 takeaways from the second Patriots
If you take away the controversial penalty on Chris Jones on Nick Folk's 56 yard field goal attempt in overtime, there was still so many reasons to be troubled by what occurred in the Patriots' 30 27 loss to the New York Jets.
The penalty certainly gave the Jets new life, a second, easier field goal attempt after they were awarded 15 yards. But the Patriots put themselves in that situation before then. Let's try to keep that in consideration as we look back at the game.
1. The penalty It was the first time it was ever called. Let that sink in. The new penalty, just installed in 2013, calls for defensive players to withhold from pushing their teammates from behind into the offensive formation on field goal and extra point attempts. It was something that was clearly articulated to each team before the season. At that time of its announcement, Chris Jones was with the Houston Texans. So when he said he didn't know, or at least was unaware of the rule, maybe it says more about the Texans than it does about the Patriots, who are well known for their preparation in all phases of the game. However, the 23 year old http://www.mundodasaves.com/ was gracious in taking responsibility for the error. He just didn't know at the time. It's Black Friday Michael Kors Deals safe to say this is the worst way to learn that lesson.
2. Gronk strong It was a fantastic effort for the big tight end in his first game back. He caught eight passes for 114 yards. It would be too easy to zero in on the catches he didn't make (like the one handed grab in the fourth quarter), but that would be an injustice to what he was able to accomplish after more than nine months away. He was a weapon that needed containing. What's more concerning is that he was probably too heavily relied upon. He was http://www.8msoccer.com/ targeted 17 times. Only Julian Edelman, who had been targeted 18 times in the Patriots' first meeting with the Jets, has seen more balls thrown his way in a game. The Patriots' passing attack is at its best when the ball is spread around. It was most glaring on third down, where the Patriots were 1 of 12 on conversions. Edelman caught five passes, Aaron Dobson caught three, and Kenbrell Thompkins caught two. While you don't want to go and put limits on how many targets any one player should have, some consideration should be put to how much the team's winning Cyber Monday Michael kors Deal formula (5 1 without Gronkowski) changes with just one player added to the mix.
3. The third quarter issue The Patriots were outscored 20 6 Sunday once the third quarter began. In this order, they were intercepted, punted three times in a row, settled for a field goal, punted again, and were able to get one last field goal with 16 seconds left in regulation. After winning the coin toss in overtime, they had four plays going for 16 yards (on the first play) before having to punt again, setting up the Jets' game winning drive. Meanwhile, the Jets were able to get two touchdowns and a field goal in the third quarter, thanks to Antonio Allen's 23 yard interception return for a touchdown and Geno Smith's eight yard scramble to the end zone. This is part of a larger issue. The Patriots have scored nine points in the third quarter this season. Clearly second half adjustments are an issue.
4. What does it mean to lose so many starters on defense? Maybe it didn't jump out at you, but the Patriots defense gave up 177 yards rushing, 29 of which came in overtime. That's the most they've allowed all season. They gave up 11 first downs rushing, another season high. Jets running back Chris Ivory finished with 104 yards on 34 carries. Again, first 100 yard rusher against this team. And then you look at the passing defense and you may be thrown off by Logan Ryan's 79 yard interception return for a touchdown. It was a great play by the rookie. But by almost every other way you measure it, the Patriots defense struggled against the Geno Smith led Jets. Smith was a modest 17 of 33 for 233 yards and a touchdown. But he was able to get loose on occasion, scrambling for 32 yards including a touchdown. He made Jeremy Kerley (8 receptions, 97 yards, 1 TD) look fantastic and the just recently signed David Nelson (4 receptions, 80 yards) like a steal. With the cumulative loss of Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, and Aqib Talib, it was no wonder the Patriots couldn't match up well in certain spots. But from Week 2 to Week 7, the difference was glaring.
5. What are the positives? Besides leaving MetLife Stadium relatively healthy, the Patriots should be enthused about the play of their defensive line. Chandler Jones had two sacks and Chris Jones (of newfound infamy) also had two sacks. They're both playing at an extremely high level despite notable penalties. They combined for 21 total tackles and five tackles for a loss. And in addition to Gronkowski, Matthew Slater returned from a wrist injury after missing the past four games. He recorded a tackle on special teams.
6. Leftovers Brady is really struggling throwing the deep ball. He had Dobson down the sideline for a deep pass with 1:16 to go that would have surely been a touchdown. He missed Austin Collie on a throw out he back of the end zone. Targeting plays down the sideline has been a consistent issue for him this season. It's a concerning trend. Gronkowski now has more 100 yard receiving games than any other tight end in Patriots history. After Sunday's Black Friday Michael Kors Outlet game he has 10, one more than Ben Coates. The last time a Patriots rookie took their first interception to the house was in 2005. James Sanders went 39 yards for his first career interception. Cyber Monday Michael kors Bags Stevan Ridley now owns the team lead in rushing average, qualifying after recording more than 450 attempts in his career. He has a 4.45 yards per carry average, better than Corey Dillon (4.22), Craig James (4.22), Kevin Faulk (4.17), and Laurence Maroney (4.17).
|0 Comments | Post Comment | Permanent Link|
Jets fan who punched woman a convicted killer who stabbed a teen to death
The Jets fan who was caught on camera punching a woman in the face after Sunday's game against the Patriots has been revealed as an ex con who served three years in prison for the stabbing death of a 17 year old boy.
Kurt Paschke, 38, a lifelong New York Jets fan, punched a small blond woman, square in the face during a post match brawl.
Following a furor after it was posted on social media, investigations have revealed that Paschke, then 17, was convicted of criminally negligent homicide and sentenced to three years in jail for the stabbing death of Henri Ferrer during a fight outside a pizzeria in Sayville, New York in 1992.
Violent past: Paschke (right) seems to have channeled his energies into a love of all things New York Jets, but his passions overwhelmed him Sunday when he was involved in a brawl
According to the New York Post, Paschke was originally charged with murder but was convicted of the lesser crime.
'I am deeply sorry,' Paschke said at
the time of his sentencing in 1995. 'I can honestly say I never sought
the confrontation, but when it came, I did what I had to Cyber Monday Michael Kors Sales do.'
The father of the deceased told the New York Post that Paschke 'got off
lightly' for the stabbing of his son Black Friday Michael Kors Sales because Paschke's father was a
Suffolk County police officer.
Friends of Paschke are quick to defend the bartender's actions on Sunday.
'He would never quartomag.com go after anybody if there wasn't a reason,' said Ward Roser, 52.
'It looks like the girl went after him, not the other way around. He would never hit a lady.'
The video shows a large man wearing camouflage shorts and a Wayne Chrebet jersey being hauled away from the crowd by another man.
A blond woman, who has been identified as Patriots fan Black Friday Cheap Michael Kors Jaclyn Nugent by the New York Post, advances towards him then reels back as she is punched squarely in the nose.
The woman seems relatively unperturbed for someone who has just been punched by a man twice her size.
She nonchalantly wipes her nose with her arm as the man who punched her is pulled away.
According to Newsday, the new rule stipulates that a player may not push a teammate into the acuzilla.com opponent's formation.
The rule was brought to bear when Patriot Chris Jones pushed his teammate Will Svitek forward in an attempt to block the kick.
After Jones was penalized, the Jets got 15 yards closer and Nick Folk made a 42 yeard game winning kick
|0 Comments | Post Comment | Permanent Link|
787 problems stir complaints from Norwegian
Boeing Commercial Airplanes chief Ray Conner traveled to Norway and promised Wednesday better support for Norwegian Air fleet of 787 Dreamliners after a series of reliability issues that repeatedly grounded flights this month.
Conner met with Norwegian Air Chief Executive Bj Kjos in Oslo in an effort to smooth relations with nfl jerseys china the airline, which has been vocal about its dissatisfaction.
On the same day, LOT, the flag carrier of Poland, said it had to temporarily ground two Dreamliners after inspections revealed fuel filters missing from the Rolls Royce engines on the aircraft.
London based airline consultant John Strickland said Norwegian problems are likely exacerbated by the punishing flight schedule on which it operates its two 787s.
And he said that on the 787, the http://www.illinipra.com/ normal teething pains expected in any new airplane program are because there so much new technology, so many new systems in this aircraft. the meeting in Oslo, Reuters reported Norwegian Kjos called it positive discussion. agreed to put up spare part stocks at destinations we fly to, Kjos told Reuters. they send a dedicated team of experts to Norwegian so if there a problem popping up, they can immediately solve it. airline is concerned about the overall reliability of the 787, Norwegian Air fleet director Tore Jenssen said in advance of the meeting with Boeing.
you look at the other 787 customers, most of them have NFL Jerseys Outlet technical problems too, Jenssen said. a performance reliability problem and a quality issue from Boeing. spokesman Doug Alder, in a statement, declined to give details of the meeting or the problems Norwegian experienced with the 787, saying customer discussions are private.
can say that how the 787 performs in service for our customers is paramount. . Any impact to our customers operations is not satisfactory, Alder added.
Norwegian newly established long haul 787 flights to New York and Bangkok, Thailand, were disrupted throughout September by three apparently unrelated component failures,
according to a person with knowledge of the incidents.
Last weekend, both 787s were grounded because a leaky regulator on an oxygen bottle depleted the emergency oxygen supply available to the pilots in both airplanes. When the planes arrived in Oslo, replacement oxygen bottles were not immediately available and flights had to be canceled.
At the beginning of the month, one Norwegian Air 787 was grounded for five days after a power supply issue in the electric brake system showed up during routine maintenance.
After that was fixed, the carrier second 787 developed an unrelated power supply problem, this time connected to the jet central computing system, which grounded that jet for another day.
Then in mid September, a 787 flight from Oslo to JFK airport was delayed until the next day after a hydraulic pump failed. Passengers waited hours at the terminal for the pump to be fixed; then a final check discovered an unrelated leak in a hydraulic hose to the landing gear. The flight didn take off until next day.
Norwegian flies its two 787s on a strenuous schedule with tight turnaround times, often just two hours. One plane flies on alternate days between Oslo and Bangkok, then Oslo and JFK, while the other does the same from Stockholm.
Norwegian has no other long haul jets to use as quick replacements if a 787 is out of service.
Strickland said that high pressure schedule, which he called even for an established airplane, may be partly to blame.
doesn allow much leeway for any kind of snag, Strickland said. expect a new aircraft at this level of technology to deliver an intense, day to day, long haul program is ambitious.
got to put more slack in the system, he added.
Separately Wednesday, LOT, an airline that has been struggling to survive even with hefty emergency subsidies from the Polish government, detailed how it had to ground two Dreamliners for a couple of days this month.
LOT spokeswoman Barbara Pijanowska Kuras said the issue posed threat to flight safety because each engine has two filters.
Nevertheless, she said LOT immediately inspected the other jets in its fleet of five Dreamliners. They found another missing fuel filter in one engine of a different 787.
The missing filters have been replaced and all its 787s are back in service, LOT said.
Pijanowska Kuras said the aircraft had been operated according to the manufacturer instructions, and all engine work was Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic left to Monarch, a maintenance subcontractor certified by Boeing.
Boeing spokesman Alder said no other 787s in the worldwide fleet have reported this problem. The company will study the cause and implement the appropriate changes to ensure it http://www.sandhillseasons.com/ does not happen again, Alder said.
The 787 had bigger technical troubles earlier in the year.
The entire fleet was completely grounded for three and a half months after the jet main batteries overheated in two major incidents. Boeing had to engineer a heavy duty enclosure to contain any potential battery fire.
And just months after that grounding was lifted, an unrelated fire broke out on a 787 parked at London Heathrow airport in July.
Regulators soon afterward ordered inspections of a small electronic device used in emergencies, though the precise cause of that fire is still being investigated.
|0 Comments | Post Comment | Permanent Link|
Drunk Pakistan Airlines pilot jailed for nine months in UK
He was about to pilot the PIA flight to Islamabad when he was asked to leave the cockpit due to concerns raised by security staff, who said he smelled of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet.
The father of two was found to have three times the legal amount of alcohol in his blood, prosecutors told Leeds Crown Court in northern England. The legal limit for driving a car is 35 microgrammes but for flying in the UK it just nine.
He described as "extraordinary" that the rules in Pakistan only stated that there should be a 12 hour gap between "bottle and throttle", no matter how much the pilot had drunk.
"This is a very serious offence. If he had nfl jerseys china not been stopped, he would wholesale nfl jerseys have flown the aircraft to Islamabad. That could have had potential catastrophic consequences," he said.
"Many people find flying a difficult and nervous ordeal at the best of times. They need to have absolute confidence in their safety and security."
Faiz told police that he had drunk three quarters of a bottle of whisky but had stopped drinking at about 3:00 am, some 19 hours ahead of the planned take off.
His barrister Paul Greaney told the court his client was not a heavy drinker but was under a lot of stress at the time because of a kidnap threat against his family. The court heard the defendant is from a prominent family in Pakistan.
Greaney told the judge that, despite being an experienced pilot, Faiz was not aware of the rules about drinking and flying in the UK.
Justice Coulson said cheap jerseys he was "astonished" to hear pilots regularly flying out of the UK were not aware of the rules about alcohol consumption, which are based on the amount of alcohol present in the body.
In a statement, a PIA spokesperson said "further action" would be taken against Faiz once he had completed his sentence in the UK. wholesale jerseys "The maximum sentence is termination from service," he said.
|0 Comments | Post Comment | Permanent Link|
Are We Headed for a Tech Stock Bubble
The S 500 also reached 1,800 for the first time, buoyed by companies like Boeing, which rose 1.68 percent to $138.36 on Monday following news that the company will sell hundreds of its new 777 jets. Declining social media stocks dragged down the Nasdaq Composite Index from reaching 4,000, which it has not hit since Sept. 2000.
Social media stocks rose last week but on Monday that rally lost steam as Twitter plummeted 6.46 percent to $41.14, Facebook dipped 6.49 percent to $45.83, AOL dropped 2 percent to $45.18, and LinkedIn sank 3.89 percent to $222.07.
In the next "two to three months" Twitter will likely level off to just above $26, which was the initial value the company set before trading began on Nov. 7, predicts Santosh Rao, senior equity analyst and head of research at Greencrest Research financial analysis firm.
"The positive feeling toward social media stocks is there, but those stocks are going to fluctuate a lot since there is a lot of speculative money flowing," Rao says. "The market is very frothy right now."
Despite this decline in social media stocks, 2014 will likely see a boom of Internet companies Cyber Monday Michael kors Sales going public while investors are optimistic enough to bet on companies that have not http://www.njdxwl.com/ yet generated profit, including Twitter, says Nicholas Colas, chief market strategist at ConvergEx Group brokerage firm.
"When the stock market is running hot and heavy the IPO calendar does as well," Colas explains.
E commerce website Alibaba is poised to go public in 2014, which could generate a huge payday for its investor Yahoo. Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey may also be planning to take his digital payment company Square to an initial public offering in early 2014. The hot time for IPOs from Internet companies conjures fears of a bubble, but "there are nowhere near as many" examples of Internet companies rushing to go public as during the dot com boom between 1997 and 2000, Colas says. The fact that non tech sectors including finance and retail have helped the http://www.foodfromindia.com/ market prosper is also a sign that Wall Street is not speculating too heavily on tech stocks, explains Colas, who was a portfolio manager at SAC Capital in 1999.
"I can tell you that right now we do not have the same frothy movements as in the 1990s," Colas explains. "The worry that is totally justifiable is that we are Cyber Monday Michael Kors Sales not in a bubble yet but we could be headed for one." A bubble could result if investor enthusiasm for Internet stocks results in too much speculation, and the market could also dip Cyber Monday Michael Kors Outlet Deals if the Federal Reserve decided to scale back its bond purchases, Colas adds. Companies including Amazon saw their stock values fluctuate wildly during the Black Friday Michael Kors Deal bubble. After launching in 1997 Amazon's stock reached approximately $105 per share in April 1999, before falling to $6 in Sept. 2001, although the company survived to prosper, with its stock valued at $366.18 on Monday.
While suggesting Wall Street is not undergoing a tech stock bubble, Scott Kessler, head of Technology Sector Equity Research at S Capital IQ, says investors may be looking at success stories like Amazon and extrapolating its performance to newer public companies like Twitter.
"There is this fear of missing out," Kessler observes. "People are more concerned about losing out on stock appreciation than about investment losses."
That excitement may be causing speculation on a limited number of stocks in areas including social media and cloud computing, so Kessler says "it is a stretch," to compare the current tech boom with the 1990s dot com bubble.
"In the late 1990s it is fair to say that across the board, hardware software, equipment, services, everything seemed to kind of have inflated demand and inflated valuations," remembers Kessler, who started analyzing tech stocks in 1998. "Today it seems limited to a handful of areas like social media and cloud computing."
Colas offers this familiar advice to investors: Avoid betting too heavily on just one stock, or buying "because they heard a hot stock tip at a cocktail party."
|0 Comments | Post Comment | Permanent Link|